If you’re making a presentation in an online meeting, you’ll probably need to share your screen so the audience can see your slides.
Although you can choose to share your entire desktop, Microsoft Teams also lets you pick a specific app to share, so participants see only the presentation, which can be from any app, such as Keynote or PowerPoint.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to share your screen via video call and chat from the desktop app.
How to share your screen during Microsoft Teams call (Windows / macOS)
It is possible to share your screen with one or more people on a Teams call.
1. Join a meeting, then click the screen sharing icon that appears at the bottom of the window.
2. Select a screen under Desktop or a specific Window you’d like to share. The windows shown will include all the apps you have open, and you’ll be able to choose to share a second monitor if you have more than one connected.
The screen will automatically start sharing for others on the call.
3. Finally, click ‘stop sharing’ in the bottom tab on the call.
How to share your screen on Microsoft Teams (iOS / Android)
We’re using an iPhone here, but the steps are the same on Android.
1. In the call, tap the three dots that appear at the bottom of your screen, then tap ‘Share’.
2. Next, tap ‘Share screen’. Your device might ask you to allow Teams to record the screen, so grant this permission.
3. Click ‘start broadcast.’
4. Viewers will see the Teams app until you switch to the app you want to share with them.
4. When finished, return to the Teams app and tap ‘Stop Broadcast’ to stop sharing your screen.
How to share your screen on Microsoft Teams Chat
In some cases you might want to share your screen with someone while using Teams’ chat function.
This is available in the macOS and Windows app. On mobile, you’ll have to first start a video call before you can select the Share option, as detailed above.
1. Click the screen sharing icon in the top right corner of the chat message.
2. Next, select ‘Screen 1’ or one of the apps listed under ‘Window’ depending on what part of your screen you’d like to share.
Options of the different windows you have open, such as browser, PowerPoint etc.
3. Once selected, screen sharing will begin automatically.
4. Finally, click ‘stop presenting’ in the top bar to stop sharing your screen.
Also, take a look at how to create teams in Microsoft Teams.